Contributors

Monday, April 4, 2011

Spicy eyes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My husband helped me make this gif for my book report presentation of Dune in my science fiction literature class. In the book, on the planet Arrakis (aka Dune) there is an addictive substance called Melange, more widely known as spice. If you ingest enough spice, it will make your whole eye turn blue, the whites and all. This effect is called the "Eyes of Ibad." The Fremen have some of the bluest eyes because they control the spice and use it every day and in all of their food. The spice helped Muad'dib become the prophet he needed to be to save his people on this desert planet.
Thank you to Jeremy and to my family who were my models.

1 comment:

  1. nice work, i liked it even more after i read the background story/caption underneath.

    ReplyDelete