Contributors

Monday, September 26, 2011

forget-me-nots and knives

Forget-me-nots always remind me of the animated feature Thumbelina.

I don't remember ever posting anything particularly religious, but I guess I will today.

My sister Becki invited me to go to the annual Relief Society General Conference with her on Saturday. I had fun hanging out with her. After the meeting, we went shopping for stuff and got some frozen custard. It was so yummy. I got some Wilton stuff from TJ-Maxx and a couple cool Kuhn Rikon knives. I got a blue paring knife and a red serrated knife. Look at all of the colors they come in, they're just like sharpie pens. They're the cutest and best knives I have ever seen or used.



The messages from the meeting that affected me the most were from Sister Julie Beck and Elder Dieter Uchtdorf. I also loved Sisters Allred and Thompson's messages but the dots connect better for me with Sis. Beck and Elder Uchtdorf.

Sister Beck talked about being one of Christ's disciples. I want to follow Christ more. She told us that the inclusion of women in discipleship is part of the restoration of the gospel and that it was part of Christ's and his Apostles' ministries.

Elder Uchtdorf said a new little thing that reminded me of President Hinkley's be's. He said there are 5 petals on forget me nots and 5 things we should remember:
  1. forget not to be patient with yourself- everyone has strengths and weaknesses, don't punish yourself for not being perfect. God notices your efforts and accomplishments and recognizes them
  2. forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a bad one- do the things that matter most, don't stay up late to embellish something, do stay up late to help a sick child.
  3. forget not to be happy now- don't just wait around for your golden ticket, enjoy the chocolate bar too. Don't only think about your wishes and wants, remember all of the things that are good right now. (Enjoy the journey)
  4. forget not the why of the gospel- don't get caught up on all the Lord wants you to do, but remember why you do it and it will bring you joy.
  5. forget not that the Lord loves you- you are not forgotten and you are loved. Why? Because you are His child.
I know it seems kind of corny, but I must have needed these messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment