Contributors

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Too nice?

Video Courtesy of KSL.com


Am I too nice? Why is it so hard for me to get over my passiveness and niceness when it really matters?
I don't really want to beat myself up over my statement with the judge yesterday, but I really wish I could get over the little block of nice that I have and say how I really feel when it might actually make a difference. I probably didn't even mention half of what my problems are when I was speaking, it was so scary. I guess I'll give myself a break, but still, I wish I could make a difference. I just hate how lenient the punishment for certain crimes are.
I have a young friend who's sentence for smoking marijuana as a passenger in a car is that her license was suspended for a year, she is on probation, and has lots of community service. I'm okay with her learning her lesson, but why should Justin Hicken just get a little slap on the wrist when he was under the influence of an even more illegal substance and driving and plowing through an innocent pedestrian? It doesn't make any sense.
My husband's uncle was killed by a drunk driver in South Dakota 15 years ago. They didn't get justice either.
UTAH, GET BETTER LAWS! I hope this state gets a clue, and other states.
I will be interviewed on KNRS tonight at 6:05 by Rod Arquette. He has podcasts called 'rodcasts' if you want to listen to it later. I'm assuming he has one for every one of his shows.

1 comment:

  1. justin hickens got off way to easy, he should be in prison, the ruling was not fair period. three years probation, that is a joke.

    ReplyDelete